Thursday, July 27, 2017

baked cod and veggies



I've really been enjoying looking through all of the recipes available on Taste of Home's website.  Recently, I searched for fish recipes - in case you haven't noticed, we don't eat much fish around here and my recipe box is pretty empty in that section.

I actually hate fish.  It makes me gag.  So I was really excited to find a recipe on Taste of Home that I could actually tolerate.  I might even admit that I liked it!  This is a delicious cod recipe (if any fish recipe can be called delicious).  I'm committed to adding a bit more seafood to our diet, so this recipe will appear on our table again soon.  If you are a fellow fish hater, check it out! :)


Baked Cod and Veggies
modified from Taste of Home
  • 1 onion, halved and sliced
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 t. allspice
  • dash salt and pepper
  • 2 T. lemon juice, divided
  • 1 t. minced parsley, divided
  • 2 cod fillets

In a large skillet, saute the onion in oil until tender.  Add the red pepper, mushrooms, garlic, allspice, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.  Remove from the heat.  Stir in 1 T. of lemon juice and 2 t. parsley.  Spoon onto the center of a large piece of heavy-duty foil.  Place cod over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and parsley.  Fold foil over and fold in the edges twice, forming a pouch.  Place on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment